Together with our friends at Fox Sports Design, ILP created three new “Stinger ID’s” for the grand launch of their new 24-hour sports network, Fox Sports 1. With plenty of experience under their belt from previous work with the guys we thought we had a pretty good idea of what direction they would want to go in, boy were we wrong…
Three unique stinger were to be made based on the words “hot”, “frozen” and “tough”. The direction was: “irreverent fun” and “nothing like we’ve seen on Fox before”. They could be 2D illustration, full CG, live action, motion graphics or anything else. This proved to be more difficult than we had originally thought. All of our initial ideas were still way too “Fox” so we took a step back and started to bounce really quirky, ridiculous and even plain silly ideas back and forth and low and behold, we finally came up with three concepts that got approved!
The production of the three stingers involved three separate teams working in parallel. This was good not only in terms of time savings but also because the stingers were so different from each other both in style and production needs. We had a full CG stinger of a frog stuck with its’ tongue on a block of ice, a music video style edit where we needed to insert the logo into live footage and finally a giant ice cream melting under the heat of the Fox Sports1 logo in ILP’s own parking lot!
This project allowed us to have a lot of creative freedom which we thoroughly enjoyed and we look forward to more of the same in the near future.
We hope you too find these stingers “irreverent fun” and “nothing like we’ve seen on Fox before”. Enjoy!
Production: Important Looking Pirates
Direction: Important Looking Pirates
VFX: Important Looking Pirates
Client: Fox Sports 1
Project: Stinger IDs
- EVP/Head of Marketing:Robert Gottlieb
- SVP On-Air Promotions: Bill Battin
- VP Creative: Chris Stifel
- VP Marketing: Keith Hritz
- Director On-Air Promotions:Jason O’Leary
- Creative Director: Blake Danforth
ILP VFX TEAM
- Executive Producer: Måns Björklund
- VFX Producer: Magdalena Berglind
- Production Assistant: Natalia Przezdziecka
- VFX Supervisor/Creative Direction: Yafei Wu
- Lead Artist: Jonas Andersson
- VFX Artists: Patrik Wedinger, Kevin Broberg, Elin Laven, Jens Tenland
VFX Sound: Peter Benisch
Special thanks to: Carl Hermelin, Dongjoo Artursson
– See more at: http://ilpvfx.com/work/view/the-hot-1/#sthash.a0CDHuXa.dpuf